Yesterday – Monday October 29th – we had our second meeting with dr. Westgeest. He gave us his (and his team’s) opinion on my situation. He began by explaining that had I come to the VU for treatment after the first diagnosis, they would have started me on a taxane based treatment (like Taxol). But there are more ways to treat this disease. Unfortunately, when I was diagnosed, it was already far advanced and metastasized in the liver. The treatment AVL is giving me, directly to the liver may offer additional time if it works. Dr. Westgeest advised us to stick to this treatment and await the results. He confirmed that we’re in good hands at the AVL, which is a renowned cancer institute with the top specialists. He saw no need for additional checks later on. If at any time we’re not sure, we should ask dr. Baars, who can explain things to us. For now, we are reassured that this is the best course of action. We thanked him for his time and good explanations and left the VU. I felt reassured by his advice and am convinced the treatment I’m getting at the AVL is the best possible at this moment. Now we have to wait for the 14th and see if it has the desired effect.